We are a London-based cricket club. Although we don't have our own pitch, we usually play our home fixtures in Greenwich Park. This blog records our regular triumphs and occasional failures.

Friday 20 July 2007

7) Cincinnati v SB Select @ Battersea Park

Selfish enjoyed a marvelous stag weekend with a nail-biting match v CCC. To be honest, it's all a bit of a blur now. I do have the occasional curious flashback in which the former chairman is repeatedly stroking my bowling through the covers, but I put that down to the pints of Guinness and Baileys that were served up to me later in the evening.

SB Select batted first. Brother of SB retired on 50, and SB and Phil got close to the half century.

CCC put in a tenacious performance: Jim and Max bowled well; the Skipper took a sharp caught and bowled; the Chmn teased a former Lord's cricketer with his nagging off-spin; Dev showed his potential to become a CCC all-rounder; the vice-captain and Will scored undefeated fifties; and the former chairman stood in for SB by scoring almost the maximum number of runs possible without having to retire.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think CCC ended up four of five runs behind SB Select.



I had a great day. Many thanks for your help.

No comments: